[Equest-users] dwelling unit / residential LPDs

Joe Snider joe at sequil.com
Wed Dec 8 09:31:43 PST 2010

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the response.  That is actually exactly what we did - and USGBC
rejected it citing a LEED NC 2.2 CIR, even though this is a LEED 2009
project and they are saying old CIRs are not applicable to new projects
anymore.

Their only direction is to plug in 1.1 w / Sf for both sides of the
equation.  However, the CIR they reference opens the door for exceptional
calculations, with good justification.  What could be more justified than
using the 1.1 w / SF that ASHRAE has for similar spaces?

It is a bit confusing because there seems to be an implication that
somewhere in ASHRAE it dictates using the same numbers for proposed and
baseline for hard-wired lighting in dwelling units.  We can't find any
direction to that effect anywhere, which it seems would leave it open to
interpretation.

At this time we are operating under the assumption that we can use the same
CIR they referenced, and therefore use exceptional calcs.  Unless anyone
else has any thoughts..

Take care,

Joe

---