[Equest-users] boiler and chiller serving multiple buildings

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Dec 8 09:18:02 PST 2010

Supplementary to John’s advice, you should take advantage of a new feature in 3.64 that lets you assign a prefix to the components of each of your shells to make your model more easily manageable in detailed.

If you have a “building A,” then you could clearly organize its generated zones/surfaces/schedules etc. by giving it a prefix of “BA,” for example (on the first DD shell screen, iirc).  For a hands-on example of this feature, seek out an eQuest importing guide I posted in the archives ;).

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers