[Equest-users] OK, I give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Feb 1 04:52:42 PST 2010

John,

The second DHW heater had an entered capacity of "0.000". I entered a
non-zero capacity and the DHW energy use jumped. (I assume you are
looking for energy consumption and not just what the loop loads are on
the PS-D report.)

As an aside, remember when entering capacities for boilers and DHW
heaters in eQUEST that the units "MBtu/h" are millions, not thousands of
BTU. (Or do you really have a DHW heater that needs 17,000 gpm? :-))

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114