[Equest-users] modeling of a printing facility

haissam mahmoud aboulhiss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 12:59:16 PST 2010

Dear fellow questers
Hope you are doing fine
I am simulating  a facility plant dedicated for printing, and trying
to get LEED certification for it
The plant is only 3 stories height with storage area,offices  area and
manufacturing area;
First; I am not sure if ASHRAE 90.1 applies to this project,because it
is only 3 stories height and it is industrial;if not, what standard
shall be followed in this case in order to get the baseline?
Second; about the process loads in the energy modeling issue: do we
consider the printing machines as part of the process  loads?the
printing machines are  running 24 hours/7 days with a  large power
consumption, which  means that the LEED certification cannot be
achieved!!
Hope you can provide me with some guidance
Thanks anyway

Haissam Al Mahmoud,BME,LEED AP
Mechanical Project Engineer
Beirut,Lebanon