[Equest-users] Hrs exceeding throttling range on T24 baseline

Sundharam, Premnath psundharam at DLRGROUP.com
Wed Feb 10 09:11:24 PST 2010

Hello All,

I am doing a Title 24 Compliance through eQuest and I am just trying to
do a reality check to see if the model is performing correct.

Based on the T24 proposed and standard output files, it appears that the
T24 standard building has 17.6% outside of throttling range, where as
the T24 proposed has only 0.4% outside of throttling range.

One thing I don't understand is, if the program calculates its own
capacities, then how could T24 standard have such a huge unmet load
hours.

Anyways, is there a way to fix the T24 standards unmet load hours even
though the model complies with T24?

Also another question.... How do I check the heating capacity of the
system designed in Btu per sf in the output files... we typically see
around 20 Btu per sf as the heating capacity required in Phoenix...
assuming similar condition in inland San Diego... I wanted to check the
heating consumption against capacity, the program is showing a really
low heating need in San Diego which I seriously doubt... see attached
compliance report...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Prem

Premnath Sundharam, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP

Architectural Designer  |  Senior Associate

psundharam at dlrgroup.com

DLR Group

Architecture  Engineering  Planning  Interiors

o: 602/381-8580
6225 North 24th Street, Suite 250  Phoenix, AZ  85016-2020
dlrgroup.com <http://www.dlrgroup.com/>   |  listen.DESIGN.deliver