[Equest-users] Ground source heat pump supplemented by boiler

Frink, Brandon bfrink at burnsmcd.com
Fri Feb 26 08:41:27 PST 2010

Hello,
I am trying to model a building with ground source heat pumps in eQuest. The project is in Maine so a boiler is required to supplement the ground loop in the winter. I have set up a water loop HP type circulation loop and attached a ground loop heat exchanger and a boiler. When I run the program an error occurs saying that it is not allowed to use a ground loop heat exchanger and boiler in the same loop. Is there some type of work around to approximate a water loop HP that uses the ground loop heat exchanger as a heat sink or source when it is above a certain outside air temperature and switches to the boiler as a heat source below a certain temperature?
Thanks,

Brandon S. Frink

Aviation & Facilities Group

Burns & McDonnell

816-822-3900 ext 8527

bfrink at burnsmcd.com<mailto:bfrink at burnsmcd.com>

Proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies To Work For