[Equest-users] modeling of a printing facility

Gerard Hazel ghazel at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 05:17:43 PST 2010

There is nothing re the process load that would stop you from certifying the
building. Appendix G tells you to estimate the process load and have it the
same in both the baseline and proposed so it doesn't matter what that load
is. It doesn't expect you to demonstrate energy efficiency for process loads
unless you think you can.
Model the building as if the process load was not there and then add your
estimate to both baseline and proposed. Don't forget it's not LEED that is
making the rules here - it's ASHRAE Appendix G.

Gerard Hazel
Sustainable Systems LLC
 ...making buildings better...
973-538-5937