[Equest-users] ASHRAE Baseline Wall/Window/Roof Constructions This will fix your error

Thomas Serra tserra at emoenergy.com
Thu Feb 4 13:36:38 PST 2010

ASHRAE 90.1 section G is very specific about the wall construction details.
See G3.1(5).  All walls should be Light weight steel framed and roof should
be insulation above deck per your climate zone.  A3.3  details the actual
layers that are used to make up a steel frame wall(see similar sections for
roof and below grade walls).  Remember equest adds the exterior air film
during the simulation, so you won't see the equivalent U value until running
the simulation.  All of my baseline models are done in detailed data mode so
I'm not sure how to accomplish this with the wizard.

If you layers are too light, you need to add mass or use the U-value
construction method.

Also, we max out the ram on our machines and use dual core processor.  The
dual core doesn't help the modeling speed but allows for multitasking during
simulation and frees up the whole processor for simulation.

Thomas Serra

Project Manager

EMO Energy Solutions, LLC

3141 Fairview Park Drive, Suite 450