[Equest-users] Modeling ERV's in Equest

Walson, Kristy kristy.walson at tlc-eng.com
Thu Jan 7 05:14:33 PST 2010

Hi all,

We are using Equest to model a 500,000 sq ft federal prison facility.  More than half of the AHU's have energy recovery, so we modeled this at each applicable unit.  When we run the model with ERV's vs. the model with no ERV's, it appears as though the ERV's are actually hurting us on the cooling energy.  Is there a quirk when modeling ERV's in Equest (much like the bug fix in the Advanced Edit section of VisDOE)?  Does anyone have any suggestions, or has anyone run into a similar problem before?

Thanks in advance for the advice...

P.S. Kim - are you happy I'm finally asking a question about Equest??  :)

Kristy M. Walson, PE, LEED AP
Mechanical Engineer / Sustainable Design

TLC Engineering for Architecture
Your Architecture 2030 Partner

255 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1600
Orlando, FL 32801-3463