[Equest-users] Simulation queries

Kristin Gustafson kgustafson at eypae.com
Wed Jan 20 13:47:28 PST 2010

Hello

While running a recent project, I've come up with a handful of questions
to pose to the group. These are all based on a recent project, which is
a 3 story office building in the southern hemisphere, with 6 cooling
only VAV AHUs with electric zone reheat and a air cooled chiller.

1.       From the detailed simulated output file, Building Monthly Loads
Summary (sheet LS-D): This sheet shows Cooling, Heating, and Electrical
loads. Are the stated electrical loads non-hvac only? In my current
project, these loads do not vary from month to month and this is the
only explanation I've come up with.

2.       Doing a baseline vs proposed system comparison, I'm seeing
variances in the peak heating and cooling times. Any ideas why? I had
thought that these would be similar days/times as we are using the same
weather file, same orientation etc. The proposed model does incorporate
a shading system to the SE and SW facades and the baseline model does
not have this.

3.       Is there an easier way to export the summary report sheets into
word documents? (Rather than making jpgs and copy/paste, which looks
fuzzy?)

Thanks so much for any responses.

Kristin Gustafson