[Equest-users] Heating and cooling coil discrepencies in hourly reports

Patrick O'Donnell pco at MichaelsEngineering.com
Fri Jan 29 12:55:14 PST 2010

Hello all,
It has been my experience when looking at the temperature conditions at
the system level around the heating and cooling coils that everything
seems totally bogus in the hourly reports.  Either the values just plain
don't make sense i.e. the temperature off the coiling coil is higher
than what is coming off the heating coil during heating mode.  Or all
the values for the coil temps, mixed air, etc are just zero.  Has anyone
had experience with this or know how it's supposed to be setup/work??

These bits of data are really important to see how the system is
actually operating and it's frustrating that loads are being met and
everything seems to be working except that one can't accurately see what
is going on with mixed air, discharge (from the system) and supply (to
the zone; after reheat for example) temperatures.

I am sure other people have seen this but I couldn't find any threads
with a quick search.  Any ideas are appreciated?  Thanks,

-Patrick