[Equest-users] Mansard Roofs & Porch Overhangs

Lori Dowles ldowles at MARTINGROUPSERVICES.COM
Wed Jan 13 04:17:26 PST 2010

Thanks everyone- appreciate the help!

From: Bishop, Bill [mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:00 PM
To: Lori Dowles; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: RE: [Equest-users] Mansard Roofs & Porch Overhangs

Lori,

I would model the third floor mansard roof as a vertical exterior wall
with a different construction (and new construction layers). Enter the
appropriate setback distance for the windows in the mansard roof. You
can model the 4' mansard roof extension and porch roof with building
shades. (In DD Edit mode, within the Building Shell module, right-click
on the Project in the Component Tree and select Create Building Shade.)

Regards,

Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP

Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114