[Equest-users] Waterside Economizer (WSE)

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Mon Jul 5 10:01:47 PDT 2010

I have not been able to model WSE in eQUEST (DOE22).  I have received advice and instructions on this subject.  I need an example project or the Plant section of the DOE22 inp file.  I have done this in DOE2.1E (sample Plant inp attached).  The attachment includes the results of my efforts to understand how WSE works and attempts at modeling it with eQ.

I cannot find the equivalent DOE2.1E keywords in the DOE22 manuals:

DIRECT-COOL-MODE:            STRAINER-CYCLE - THERMO-CYCLE
DC-MAX-OAT                          DC-MAX-CHILL-WTR-T                        DC-TWR-WTR-SETPT
DIRECT-COOL-SCH                  DIRECT-COOL-KW
The best way to teach (learn) building energy modeling & simulation is with case studies.