[Equest-users] renaming space area types

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Jul 22 06:50:59 PDT 2010

Does anyone know if it's possible to rename space area types in the
"Activity Areas Allocation" page?

Whenever I'm entering stairs and elevator shafts, I end up having to
assign them to "unknown" and "all others" since those are the two
non-descript activity areas available.  It's not a big deal to remember
that "unknown" is stairs and "all others" is shafts, but it would make
it more readable if we could rename space types.

I tried modifying the "unknown" space activity allocation in the .pd2
file, but all that did was force the wizard to use the original space
type listed for that line (conference).

Seems like it's probably a programming item within eQuest, but just
wanted to see if anyone else had luck doing this.

I'd be willing to work with a DLL decompiler if the information on the
activity areas is within one of them...just don't know where to start.

Thanks!

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200

Arlington, VA  22201-4749

703-338-5754 (Cell)

703-243-1200 (Office)

703-276-1376 (Fax)

www.ghtltd.com <http://www.ghtltd.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of GHT Limited.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail or by e-mail to ght at ghtltd.com, and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.  Thank you.