[Equest-users] Window shade

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Thu Jul 8 14:18:50 PDT 2010

I'm not sure thats a surprising result. Depending on your window height, you might be over shading your window and reducing some of the passive solar heat gain in winter. I don't see how the shades will help in winter - they will reduce the heat gain.

The trick is always to balance out when your summer benefits outweigh your winter penalty. This is why we model - to optimize these aspects.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Sustainable Design Analyst
1382 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309