[Equest-users] CAUTION and WARNING Messages

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Mon Jul 19 07:18:25 PDT 2010

Carol.

There were no changes to the FPLR curve data.  I am trying to create case studies for teaching based on projects that were modeled with DOE21E.  It could be any program.  The buildings are modified and simplified to eliminate repetitive details and to demonstrate design issues.  With eQ the building and the envelope (even complex ones) can be created within a couple of hours by tracing ACAD drawings.  But on large project you cannot recognize any of the components names in the reports.  The DOE2 programs require a component name before entering the data.  eQ should make this a priority in future versions.  I think I will continue creating the building model in eQ and use the dimensional data in eQ (azimuths, coordinates, lengths, areas, etc) in creating DOE21E models and analyze the options in DOE21E.

Varkie