[Equest-users] Modifying Geometry

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:43:25 PDT 2010

I have got to protest this one, sorry Tim.

Buying a Revit license to be able to accurately model geometry in eQUEST is,
to be blunt, crazy. It's really pretty easy to revise your geometry and if
you can't do that using one of the 3 methods I provided earlier, you need to
figure out how to train yourself better or leave the field. It's not just a
matter of being able to use eQUEST at this point, it's a matter of being
able to generate an accurate model using any tool. Being able to import CAD
or Revit data into energy models is a recent development. Frankly, I
question it's utility, especially if people now think they have to use it or
they can't model a building. Friendly front ends like eQUEST, DesignBuilder,
etc., are great but you need to know how a building operates and how the
systems work or it's just GIGO.

Carol

Carol Gardner PE