[Equest-users] Demand Controlled Ventilation and EA Credit 1

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Jul 27 11:32:07 PDT 2010

Ron,
I'm with James on this one. I can see changing lighting or equipment
schedules to capture ECMs but changing occupancy schedules makes no
sense unless you're modeling telecommuting or 4-day work week. You can
capture DCV savings in eQUEST by selecting DCV as the Minimum OA Control
Method for the system and having an occupancy schedule with a varying
percentage (not 100%) during occupied hours. Using the same occupancy
schedule, the model with DCV will heat/cool less OA air and show
savings.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608