[Equest-users] Induction Units in eQUEST

Dana Troy DTroy at glumac.com
Wed Jul 28 08:56:30 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Can any explain how eQUEST models the Induction Unit (IU) system? I understand how induction units work in the real world, however, what eQUEST is doing behind its shroud is a mystery to me. The help file explains what an IU system is and what inputs to use, but does not explain how an IU works.

For example, do we need to specify a primary air system and label it an OA From System? Does eQUEST create separate zone induction units for each zone like it does for WSHP or PTAC systems? Does it actually do zone cooling?

Any enlightenment would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana Troy
Senior Energy Analyst