[Equest-users] LEED Residential Buildings -pressure dropadjustments-

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Fri Jul 30 09:46:40 PDT 2010

I had a similar scenario with patient rooms in a hospital recently.  I submitted the same question to GBCI, and the response was that I have to use 0.3 W/cfm per CIR dated 8/13/2007

Jeremy McClanathan, LEED® AP
CDi ENGINEERS
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: Dennis La Touche [mailto:latouche at termoaire.com]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 9:11 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] LEED Residential Buildings -pressure drop adjustments-

I have a question, for hotel buildings the baseline HVAC system type to be used should be PTAC/PTHP (ductless).

This proposed building will be composed by a chilled water system with air handling units and fan coils, all of them fully ducted return.

Is it possible to use the fan power limitation pressure drop adjustment indicated in ASHRAE 90.1 for increasing the baseline fan power?

The question is because in G3.1.2.9 it seems that it is only allowed for systems 3 through 8.

Thanks.

Dennis

__________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5326 (20100730) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.