[Equest-users] Adding components in eQuest's detailed edit mode

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:19:33 PDT 2010

I'm with Jeremy in that I try to stay away from modifying .inp's unless I
absolutely have too.  Too many extra variabilities/variables that I don't
like to be responsible for managing...too much risk if you don't need to
take it.    I like to use the file comparison program called "Examdiff" , it
is also freeware.

And with extra emphasis for newer users of eQuest:   Like so many of us that
have learned the hard way---make multiple file copies, back-ups, "save as"
new files at every 'milestone' of inputs or analysis you have completed,
save by dates, etc.  It is not uncommon for me to have upwards of
30-different files of my project model that signify dated milestones, or
input milestones, etc.   You will be more efficient on your project budgets
and tight deadlines if you have your 'back-up' copies to fall back too.
Always save a wizard-mode copy of your file--you never know when you might
need it...

one general correction to Joe's last comment--once you change a file into
ddedit mode you cannot switch back to wizard mode.  eQuest is a
one-directional program--'you can go any direction you want as long as it is
forward.'

pkg :)