[Equest-users] Unmet hours

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Thu Jul 8 09:30:45 PDT 2010

Yes, your temperature set points, and throttling range (dead band).  A
quick lean explanation.  Standard eQuest throttling range is 4F.
Throttling hours are in 5F bands , 65, 75 and 80 being the critical
bands for unmet hours.  Typical buildings are controlled at 70F for
heating and 75 for cooling aligning with the cut-off points not the
midpoints of the critical bands.  A little conflict.  Solutions, make
your throttling range larger, 5 or 6 degrees normally will do it.  You
can also modify your set points say to 68F heating and 78F cooling,
69/76.  You just have to play with it a bit but normally the throttling
range will do it.  The help file will provide more info on dead band and
throttling range.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering