[Equest-users] Lighting Control - Occupancy Sensor

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 20:45:01 PDT 2010

fyi - even though i wasn't trying to model or claim savings from
occupancy sensors, i received the following comment on a recent leed review:

"Per ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Section 9.4.1.2, a lighting control device is
required in classrooms, conference rooms, and lunch and break rooms.

Credit for occupancy sensors cannot be taken in spaces where occupant
sensors are required by Section 9.4.1.2."

so be sure to check the occupancies before claiming credit for occupancy
sensors.