[Equest-users] OA-Units serving AHU using - OA-FROM-SYSTEM

Varkie C Thomas thomasv at iit.edu
Fri Jul 16 14:40:07 PDT 2010

DOE21E does not have OA-FROM-SYSTEM.  Is this feature new in DOE22?  Has anyone used it successfully? The DOE22 manuals do not show examples of to model plants. I am looking examples in LOAD-MANAGEMENT in DOE22 or eQUEST.  The DOE2.1E Supplement Nov93 shows examples how to model TES, and various Plant Equipment Operating Modes and Strategies.  Example projects or case studies modeling plant management and equipment sequencing using DOE22 would help.

Attached is another case study based RFP specifications for a middle school and community center.  It is modeled on CCGT which received LEED platinum.  The building has a high exposure area (but with a very efficient envelope) to floor area and operates during the daytime from Fall thru Spring.  The main energy savings are due to (1) Day-lighting and passive solar heating in winter - operates from Fall thru Spring (2) Airside Economizer �high vent (people) loads and operates from Fall thru Spring (3) GSHP � high site area to locate them and (4) PV - high exposure area to locate them.  High-rise commercial buildings in an urban location cannot achieve this level of percent energy savings.  The energy savings is even lower if the commercial building operates 24 hours (most efficient use of a building).

Case Studies are the best way of learning how to model different ECMs correctly and understanding it in full project perspective.