[Equest-users] equest

tim tim.jgrier at fuse.net
Tue Jul 20 07:23:45 PDT 2010

Again, I think I have this working for my case anyway.  This is what I did:

Building Creation Wizard - created model per proposed design (geothermal on
perimeter with PSZ serving the core)

EEM Wizard - generated 2 whole site/building runs

                                1 called Whole Site/Building EEM proposed
(no changes)

                                1 called Whole Site/Building EEM baseline

Whole Site/ Building EEM Baseline "Run Details" - Deleted geothermal system
& assigned PSZ to all zones instead of just core

Then when I go to simulate building performance, I uncheck the one called
"baseline" & only run the (2) runs I created.  Seems to be working, but
maybe because I only have one simple difference between baseline and
proposed - geothermal vs PSZ AND I have a PSZ in the proposed..

It seems to me the HVAC systems need to be created (generated) in the
building creation wizard in order to get fully articulated/ detailed;
However, once they are generated, it also seems you CAN delete & reassign
systems from certain runs within the EEM Wizard to get more intuitive
results.

I attached results for reference.  Thoughts?

tim