[Equest-users] Modifying Geometry

Martz, Amanda amartz at klingstubbins.com
Wed Jul 21 11:53:11 PDT 2010

What I usually do when I need to modify geometry is I save a version of
the file and call it "old", then I open that file and the file I am
working on at the same time. You can use the old file to check what
vertices and walls you had for the space after you delete it in your new
file. I think in your case, I probably would have left the space as it
was and then added a space within it. you'd have a big space, then one
inside of it. I'd then adjust the wall lengths and square footage of the
big space so it didn't overlap the other space anymore.

You're biggest problem will be when other spaces reference your old
space as a "next to." When you go into the properties of a wall, you'll
see the wall is sometimes located by what it is "next to". when you move
the old space, you're other spaces around it might get confused. Go into
the spaces immediately surrounding the space you're adjusting and make
sure you put in the newly created room as the "next to" instead of
leaving the old room there.

When you edit a 2-d view, you can type in the location of the vertices
instead of dragging the dots around and trying to get close. Use your
old file as a reference for these vertices. The corners (vertices) of
the two spaces should not be different than your old corners. Does this
help?