[Equest-users] Steam for AHUs

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Wed Jul 21 14:12:04 PDT 2010

A hot-water loop. On the demand side a hot-water loop attaches to heating coils, preheat coils, reheat coils, baseboard heaters, floor panels, supplementary heating loads (from a heat pump), or to process heating loads defined within a space. It may also attach to an absorption chiller. On the supply side this loop attaches to boilers, heat-recovery devices, and/or a hot-water/steam utility.

The hot water loop serves the same function.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Sustainable Design Analyst
1382 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309