[Equest-users] How to turn off the hot water loop in the RHFS?

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 05:23:41 PDT 2010

Set your snap temperature lower.  It should do the trick.  See the
definition of Snap in the help files below:

SNAP                          A control mode where the loop operation snaps
on or off according to a monitored temperature. SNAP has slightly different
meanings depending on the type of loop:

o  For a heating-type loop, this keyword will cause the loop to activate
when a specified temperature sensor is below the SNAP-T value. An
outside-air lockout is another way of thinking of this control mode;
however, the temperature causing the lockout may be either the outdoor air
temperature, or a zone temperature. You specify the location of the
temperature sensor using the SNAP-LOCN and SNAP-ZONE keywords.

o  Cooling-type loops are similar to heating-type loops, except that the
loop will activate when the monitored temperature is above the SNAP-T value.

o  2-pipe loops will be in the heating mode below SNAP-T, and in the cooling
mode above SNAP-T. In other words, the SNAP-T is the changeover temperature.
Note, however, that a changeover temperature deadband can be specified using
the HEATING-SCH and COOLING-SCH described under the next code-word.

o  WLHP loops will enable the heating equipment when below the SNAP-T, and
the heat-rejection equipment above the SNAP-T. In practice, this is a
dangerous control mode for WLHP's as the loop may go to an extreme
temperature when either type of primary equipment is disabled.

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 4:58 AM, tsea2005 <tsea2005 at 163.com> wrote:

> HI :
>
> How to turn off the hot water loop in the RHFS ? I have choose the loop
> operation at snap ,and set the snap temp at 120 ,but the hot water loop
> still work ,in the report ,there is still have space heating. How to turn
> off ?
> 2010-06-08

Rob Hudson