[Equest-users] IU Systems - Chilled Beam DOAS

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Jun 18 06:30:14 PDT 2010

Jonathan,

Yes, you can simulate active chilled beams in eQUEST using the induction unit system type. As you note, this method allows energy recovery at the central air handler. See the attached post for my suggestions on handling the outside air. Also, search the archives for "induction" or "valence" for other posts. From your BDL input below, it looks like you're on your way to making it work.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED® AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114