[Equest-users] HVAC simulation

Siddharth V siddharth.v at tcs.com
Wed Jun 30 04:37:40 PDT 2010

Hi Vikram and Rohini,

Thanks for the response.

Well, I see that on July/August, the Humidity levels are pretty high. So
in order to remove excess humidity in the air, the heater operates.

So that satisfies the heating energy levels.

But actually I am trying to find a correlation b/w the HVAC Power
consumption and Heat Index(Dry Bulb + Humidity) per month.

For statistical purposes, am finding the correlation between the Power
consumed and difference b/w the actual and the expected.

For eg. If my room temp is 72F, and outside the Heat Index is 90F,

Difference is 18F. Power Consumed is P1

If the outside temperature is 54F,

Difference is again 18F. Power consumed is P2.

And there is a huge difference, as P1> P2. Always. Anything to be altered
in the Heater Side of HVAC.

And also please let me know on how to nullify the humidity control of HVAC
in eQUEST!  The wizards do not have an option. And am unable to find it in
the Detailed Edit.

Am unable to attach the project file,as it is approximately 18Mb.  I will
upload it in a common area and will update you with the link!

Regards,
Siddharth Venkataraman
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: siddharth.v at tcs.com