[Equest-users] no heating loads to systems --part II

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:26:50 PST 2010

Hi all,

okay-I'm back to where I was last time I posted this question:  why are
there no heating loads being passed to my systems?

Here's the story: (160,000 sf high school building)

The attached file is my baseline 90.1 model using System 7 (VAV w/reheat)
As the file is now-I have removed the reheat delt-T (30 deg), and removed
any baseboard heating in all /systems/zones and removed any input of heating
capacity of the coils.  With this, my file receives the following error:
***ERROR***********************************************************************

Loop: Hot Water Loop has zero design flow.

Check input for consistency, or specify design loads.
Right now I am trying to have DOE2 'autosize' anything it can so that I can
get a good run and go back and adjust equipment capacities....but I don't
know where else I can look further for why the systems aren't receiving the
design loads.---thus creating the above error.  Something is stopping DOE
from passing the loads to the systems.  When I open my sim file, the only
reports being produced are the L-reports.

If anyone has any hints or can take a look to find what it is I'm missing--I
know it's a simple thing, but can't seem to find why it is doing this.
(I've been staring at these files tooo long...)

---on a side note--after all the help I received with this issue earlier
this week I have input all of the temp schedules that are required, and all
that I know needs to be input to get the systems to run.  any help would be
greatly appreciated so I don't have to go back and rebuild this model from
the beginning....I'm too close to the end to go back and rebuild
another file.

Thanks in advance!
Pasha