[Equest-users] Baseline pumps

aal aal simulation.aal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 06:56:34 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

I am new in e-quest and I am few confused about pumps in baseline building
and I wanted you ask some questions about ASHRAE sections G3.1.3.5 /
G3.1.3.10:

ASHRAE said that hot water pumps shall be modeled as primary-only with
continuous variable flow, while chilled water ones shall be modeled as
primary/secondary with variable speed at secondary. The next conditions are
much clear.
How do I model this in e-quest?
- Primary-only and primary/secondary: Does it mean I have to link pumps with
boiler in hot water case and with Chilled water loop in cooling case
respectively? (In this case two pumps would be needed in when a couple of
boilers modeled) Or do I have to input a primary loop and a secondary loop?
- Continuous variable flow / variable speed: Where can I input this?

Thanks very much

Andrew