[Equest-users] LEED modeling- Unit heaters

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 12:44:10 PST 2010

Dear e-quest user,

I am sure this is a common case and many of you have modeled this before.

I have several spaces which are heated only with unit heaters (electric heat). If there is no cooling, per ASHRAE Appendix G , the cooling in proposed case should be the same as cooling in my baseline. How would you model this? What type of system and what type of cooling should I use in my propose and baseline?  This is a residential building, 170,000 s.f.  with non-residential area of about 45,000 s.f. Spaces I am talking about are stairs and mechanical rooms.

Thank you for sharing your expirince and advice.

Ana