[Equest-users] multiple story building/different geometries.....how to model

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:56:43 PST 2010

Paul:

Get to the DD Wizard, which will allow you to draw your individual floors. I would advise using the coordinate system on Page 1 for locating the various floors over each other.

Another trick. Before you set the building in its true compass direction orientation, keep the Building North to the top of the page. The X, Y, and Z coordiantes will locate easier in this frame of reference. THEN rotate the entire structure.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745
www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com