[Equest-users] How to simulate a building with a unregular shape like pyramid?

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 23:16:33 PST 2010

OK, LIsa:

Something "outside the box" from someone "outside the box."

An example:

Say you have a 4 story building. Create it in the DD Wizard. Say the walls have a 30° tilt (from vertical) and the actual wall is 12' in height along the wall face. That would mean the indent of the wall is 1/2 the wall length, or 6' (hope I can convey the math correctly - it's 11:15 PM at night). Create each floor with dimensions that shrinks each floor dimension by this much on each floor edge.

Then go to the Detailed Edit mode and put in a tilt of 60° (vertical wall is 90°).

I believe this will work.

Lisa, I will try to creat an example and send it to you.

John Aulbach