[Equest-users] LEED modeling- Unit heaters‏

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 14:34:23 PST 2010

Thank you for your suggestions.

 I am actually revising the model after it was reviewed by GBCI.
The model that was submitted had these spaces attached to PTAC systems (chilled water and hot water coils). My first thought was just to change a hot water coil to heat resistance in proposed. However, one of the reviewers comments was that all non-residential spaces should be modeled as system type #5 ( if the total conditioned building area is less than 150,000sf)  or system type #7 (exceeds 150,000 sf).  They also gave me an option of using system type #3 ( PSZ) for spaces where load varies substantially from other non-residential units. The model was done by someone else, but even if I had built this model I would not use VAV systems. I would probably go with PTAC for stairs and PSZ for mechanical rooms. Now, I am completely confused.

Besides, when I model for LEED, I usually make my HVAC systems so that they serve identical areas in baseline and proposed design. Is this good understanding of Appendix G?
Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Ana

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469228/direct/01/