[Equest-users] VRV SYstem Equipment Efficiency

Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com Gary.Schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com
Mon Mar 15 06:20:17 PDT 2010

To the best of my knowledge, there aren't any.

Last time I checked, VRV was not ARI certified for its efficiency
ratings at any level above 13 SEER due to the fact that the VRV
equipment, by its nature, can be coupled with multiple coil
configurations. (e.g. Different indoor equipment combinations)

ARI addressed this problem by simply stating that all VRV equipment was
thus rated at 13 SEER. They know it will go well beyond that, but
without knowing the particulars about the installation, there is no way
to tell. You could, of course, rely on manufacturer's data to tell you,
but I'm not sure if you would be following the letter of the law in that
instance. Other group members would have to chime in to give their
interpretation.

Good luck,
Gary

Gary Schrader | Schneider Electric | Buildings Business | Energy
Solutions | Engineer I
Phone: +1 | Mobile: +1 913 217 8068 | Fax: +1 913 469 0206
Email: gary.schrader at buildings.schneider-electric.com | Site:
www.schneider-electric.com/buildings | Address: 16011 College Boulevard,
Suite 212, Lenexa, KS 66219, USA

*** Please consider the environment before printing this email.