[Equest-users] Modeling Overhead Radiant Heating

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Thu Mar 11 05:55:20 PST 2010

Dennis,

You can also try modeling gas fired radiant heaters as baseboards with
BASEBOARD-SOURCE "furnace". The gas use will be calculated using the
FURNACE-HIR at the system level (at least it looks that way from a
parametric run that I did). This becomes a problem if you are also
modeling furnace heating for the system HEAT-SOURCE and it has a
different efficiency, since you can only enter one furnace HIR per
system.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114