[Equest-users] First Building Performance Simulation

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:12:51 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

You speak of the "model developed by eQUEST assuming a minimum level of
efficiency." There are a couple of things bothering me about this statement.
It is important to realize that eQUEST doesn't "develop" anything, the user
does. This is not to say that eQUEST won't populate fields for you, it will,
and it will suggest defaults for you to use. You, the user, need to
carefully evaluate each and everyone of them, however, or you will not get
what you want.

You don't say exactly what you are trying to find out with the model you
developed. Are you trying to show LEED EB compliance, or evaluate some
individual efficiency measures, or something else? Have you tuned the
results to actual billing data yet? That can be challenging.

Anyway, I'm glad it went well for you so far. Unless you are really, really
good, though, you will probably have some specific questions later. Feel
free to ask us when they come up.

Carol