[Equest-users] Frustration with demand billing in eQuest

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Tue May 4 13:10:10 PDT 2010

I'm having an issue that I can't seem to figure out.  Although the easy
solution would be to explain the discrepancy and subtract out, I would
really like eQuest to model this properly.

We have a utility that bills based on demand, and I've set up two
schedules for the two seasonal rates.    See below.  Last time I
checked, May has 31 days and September has 30.  However, what's
happening is that I'm getting double billed for demand in the two months
(May and Sept) where the switch occurs.

See the screenshots further down.

Has anyone ever seen this, and do you know how to fix it?

The issue is exacerbated by the fact that the rate schedule has a
minimum demand per month of 75% of the maximum from the previous 11
months, so I have a min charge set up of 1049 KW.

Why is some of the energy as shown in the ES-F report allowed to creep
over into the next billing season?

I've tried messing with the demand billing windows (15 mins up to 120
mins), the fixed vs sliding scale, etc, but nothing changes the fact
that SOME energy creeps into the next season.  Help!!

(PS - changing the month/day of the schedule from 5/31 to 6/1 does
nothing).

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate

1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 200

Arlington, VA  22201-4749

703-338-5754 (Cell)

703-243-1200 (Office)

703-276-1376 (Fax)

www.ghtltd.com <http://www.ghtltd.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  It is the property of GHT Limited.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication or any part thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by return e-mail or by e-mail to ght at ghtltd.com, and destroy this communication and all copies thereof, including all attachments.  Thank you.