[Equest-users] Floor Slab F-factor

Routh Consulting Engineers routhconsultingengineers at charter.net
Mon May 17 08:23:54 PDT 2010

Could someone please help me with how to input or figure out what the
F-factor is for slab-on-grade floors? I've just input floor areas through
the wizard and selected the type of foundation insulation I have from the
drop-down lists. I have received a comment back from the LEED reviewers to
explain what I have and how my baseline case uses the unheated floor slab
F-factor of 0.73. Several of my thermal zones are interior spaces which have
a concrete floor with Earth contact but no exposed perimeter, but I do have
Earth contact floors in all of my zones so there is supposedly heat loss
from all of them. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Routh

Routh Consulting Engineers, Inc., P.S.

P.O. Box 3187