[Equest-users] Loop Flow error (other coil flows took higher priority)

omar at ecoconsulting.net omar at ecoconsulting.net
Thu May 20 05:46:22 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I am modeling an underfloor hot water system (Radiant Slab) with a gas
operated hot water boiler with a thermal storage.

I am receiving the error:

 "the thermal storage charging flow was drastically reduced because other
coil flows took higher priority. If using 3-way coil valves either change
to 2-way valves, or manually specify the LOOP-FLOW to be large enough to
handle both the 3-way coils and the desired charge flow.  Otherwise, tank
may fail to charge."

I changed my 3-way valve into a 2-way one.. didnt work. Where is the
Loop-Flow they're talking about? There is a box in the Circulation Loop
Properties named Loop Minimum Flow ratio.. I increased this up to its
maximum value (=1) but still didnt work!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Omar