[Equest-users] Building Orientation Accuracy?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon May 17 13:24:45 PDT 2010

Otto,

I just looked at your revised files - you are still modeling two
seemingly fairly different classrooms.  Note your "North" classroom has
adiabatic internal walls/ceiling and your "South" classroom has heat
transferring ones.  I haven't scoured for other differences that may
well be in there regarding schedule assignments and such - I don't know
of a fast way to do so.

If you're truly concerned with eQuest's ability to correctly account for
a varying azimuth and want to test it, you could make your task easier
by creating a square classroom with identical walls on each side and
observe identical results with 0,90,180,270 degree azimuths.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway