[Equest-users] eQUEST Help Desk Funding

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:24:54 PDT 2010

See earlier email about training.

Thank you Nely.

Dear All,

The problem that people seem to be having is that they think it's either one
thing or the other thing. It is never that. As Thich Nhat Hanh says about
non-duality: positive and negative exist together and are organic; you can't
make compost without garbage;you can't grow flowers as well without compost.
Don't turn yourself into a battlefield of right/wrong, should/shouldn't,
free/not free. Another Buddhist concept is desirous attachment. Do you need
to be paid and not pay others for advice? Do you need to be employed and not
allow self employed people to make money? Do you want more, more and more
while others have less, less, and less? Do you want BP to continue to spill
oil and to not take yourselves out of the your comfort zone to help? Today I
asked myself, where can I do the most good? Here or LA or Fla or where? I
heard that I would do the most good here doing what I do best. Doing what I
have done for over 25 years. But I hear you, Nick and the gentleman from
SMUD say no, I want to do it for free. You has to be one or the other.

I guess you must feel that you don't have enough. I am so sorry for you if
that is true! Only you know what is in your heart. Take a minute to notice
and to count your abundant blessings: employment, steady pay check, health
insurance, family, friends, health, wealth. Treat others who have a lack of
any of that with kindness.

In heart and with truth,

Carol Gardner PE

The key to restoring balance is to acknowledge the discomfort, pay attention
to it, and allow it to be released the way it wants to go. Deepak Chopra

--
Carol Gardner PE