[Equest-users] GSHP supp. heat & unmet hours

Matthew W. Higgins MWHiggins at bpce.com
Fri May 28 06:26:54 PDT 2010

It's very likely that your bore-field is undersized. Make sure that your configuration is correct and that the multiplier against the bore configuration results in the number of bores you have in the field. Depth, conductivity, etc. also play a key role, but this is usually the reason I come across.

Depending on the actual configuration of the field you may also want to split the simulated field in two and have two GSHX fields to "draw" from.

Matthew Higgins, ASHRAE-HBDP, LEED-AP
Energy Engineer

Bridgers & Paxton Consulting Engineers, Inc.
4600-C Montgomery Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM  87109
505-883-4111
505-888-1436  Fax