[Equest-users] Central Geothermal System

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri May 21 13:22:25 PDT 2010

Hi Jacob,

Open loop geothermal systems are not explicitly model-able within
eQuest, but you're not out of luck.  Use another program to determine
monthly or weekly annual ground loop temperature behavior (whoever did
your field sizing/design should be able to produce this), define a
Lake/Well GLHX in detailed mode, and create/assign a schedule of those
temperatures to the GLHX.

For more information, seek my contributions to the following thread in
the archives (I wrote something of a mini-guide to your situation):

Re: [Equest-users] [Bldg-sim] loop to loop heatpump in equest

Sorry to be brief but this should give you a good direction to run in ;)

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway