[Equest-users] eQUEST Help Desk Funding

Travis Rhodes TRhodes at smud.org
Tue May 25 15:20:50 PDT 2010

I'm not a contributor, just a reader/learner of this forum as it
pertains to eQuest, so take what I have to say for what its worth. I'm
all for people making money doing whatever makes them happy. I'm also
very appreciative to those that regularly contribute to the questions
and problems posed in this forum. I read through nearly every question
and the corresponding responses. eQuest is a free program and this forum
was set up to support it and reflect its "open sourceness" as a way for
like minded individuals to help each other.

However, I don't feel comfortable with using this forum as the promotion
of a business or doing market research for a prospective business. If
you feel that you are spending to much time and losing revenue because
of it then maybe you need to scale back your contribution. The impact of
you answering less questions would be felt by all because you are a
highly valued subject matter expert. This is the great thing about the
forum though. People can come and go as they please without any
expectations placed upon them.

I hope for your success in whatever you plan on doing.