[Equest-users] Thermal Storage

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 07:54:48 PDT 2010

Frank,

You can model Thermal storage in DD mode. First, you need to create your charge schedule (type on/off). In Water-Side HVAC screen, right click the top of the side menu and select “thermal storage”. You will be asked to select charged and discharged loops. Check your operating temperatures also.  I would create custom curves for the chiller (check out the article “Tools and techniques to calibrate electric chiller component models” which is available online). To do so, you need to work with a chiller vendor to generate a desent set of performance data over the range of operating temperatures. You also need to specify your chiller capacity and EIR at rated (design) conditions. It really depens on your sequence of operation.

Anybody has a better idea?  What about creating two sets of chillers, one for charging and the other one for discharging mode?

Good luck.

Ana