[Equest-users] Coil curve generating a negative capacity ratio

Smith, Michael michael.smith at wspfk.com
Tue Nov 2 07:09:11 PDT 2010

Good morning everyone,

I am curious if anyone has come across this error or may be able to offer some advice. Until recently, my simulation was running without any errors or warnings, however, today I am receiving an error that my chilled water supply off of my secondary CHW loop is 88F.

In reality, my design CHW temperature is 40.0F with a 12F DT. The reason I am confused is because my cooling setpoint control is fixed. I don’t have a reset temperature or water side economizer. I have looked through the input file for where the temperature could be coming from, but I cannot figure out where or why the supply would be forced to be so high. Before I post my files, I was just curious if anyone has seen the error before. I appreciate any help and comments.

             Loop: Secondary Chilled Water Loop     has a coil curve generating

             a negative capacity ratio.  Check the loop supply

             temperature,   88.F, for consistency with the coil curves

Michael J. Smith, EIT, LEED® AP

WSP ▪ FLACK + KURTZ

512 7th Ave., New York, NY 10018

Direct: 212.951.2671| Main: 212.532.9600

www.wspfk.com <http://www.wspfk.com/>