[Equest-users] Occupancy Sensors

Jeff Ross-Bain jeff at rbgb.com
Tue Nov 2 17:41:57 PDT 2010

The only caveat I would add is that the occupancy sensor requirement is
exempt IF the spaces have multi-scene control. So if a space has several
lighting options then an occupancy sensor is not required.

My question on this point is: If occupancy sensors are required, does the
ASHRAE 90.1 LPD for that space already include the reduction for occupancy
sensors? Or is the percent reduction taken on top of the LPD values in 90.1?

Regards,

Jeffrey G Ross-Bain, PE, LEED, BEMP

Ross-Bain Green Building, LLC

404-228-2893